Thursday, April 24, 2008

God is God and I am not!

I love the fact that nothing surprises God, but sometimes he'll throw a curveball at us to see how we'll respond--will we trust Him or take things into our own hands? Just a few short days after my last post, I heard from AIM that there are no positions available on the media team. I'll be honest and tell you that I certainly was disappointed to learn that I won't be on the media team. Since November, that's what I had my heart set on. But last week was a reminder that when I start planning my life too much, God has to remind me of a very important fact: God is God and I am not! (Thanks Kate ;) I am naturally a planner, so this uncertainty is a struggle...but the Lord is stretching me which is what I need.

After my initial disappointment about the media team, I was so comforted by the fact that the Lord already has just the right spot and job for me in Africa. He has it under control. I need to let go and just pray during this time when AIM is communicating with people in Africa to find the right assignment for me. (I'd certainly appreciate your prayers as well!) I just want to be a blessing with my photography (and possibly public relations) when I'm in Africa.

My excitement for Africa has only grown...

No comments: